Your health and safety are our upmost priority and we have taken increased measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus. We are so happy to see our patients’ beautiful smiles again! This has been a challenging time for our communities and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to our patients.
Eugene Otto DDS Protocols
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you may have seen during your previous visits. These infection control procedures are implemented so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), as well as the federal regulations from the CDC and OSHA. The current recommendations for patient care include the standard precautions that we’ve always adhered to. In addition, we have implemented additional disinfectant protocols throughout the day. We also will be wearing face shields and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to further safeguard you and our staff.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Patients are asked the COVID-19 questions that are on the Patient Screening Form when an appointment is made. Patients are told to wear masks.
- We ask you to call us when you arrive at our front door before entering the office. We will either ask you to wait outside or ask you to come in.
- We take each patients temperature. If your temperature is over 100 degrees, we will reschedule your appointment.
- We require all patients to sanitize hands. We will walk each patient to their designated operatory. Masks are required until the doctor is ready to see you. We do not let anyone wait in the reception area.
- If you are accompanied by a parent/guardian, we ask them to come to the room with the patient or wait outside.
- We will sanitize your hands again once in the treatment room, as well as after your appointment.
- We have spaced out our appointments to ensure we are practicing social distancing.